A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Friday, September 03, 2004

No more potty training!!!

Let me tell you about potty training. We've finally mastered that whole scene. It went fairly smoothly, the only hitch being that Baby Girl REFUSED, did I say REFUSED?, to poop in the potty for a couple of months. We finally beat that and now, where ever we go, we have to go potty: every single store, no matter how recently she just went, we have to go potty, kind of like a dog that has to mark their territory at each and every tree. And of course sometimes I need to go as well, she gets to go first, hops down, I take my turn and get a rousing round of applause and a hearty "Good Job!" and "High Five!!" for my efforts. And if I actually go Number 2? "Did you go poopy?" And not in a quiet little mousy voice, more like "DID YOU GO POOPY?" Snickers abound from neighboring stalls.

Did I mention that she has to also flush the toilet? You know how noisy those public restroom toilets are. It's more of a "flush-and-run" because those public toilets have enough suction to pull in a 98 lb person and could easily consume a 42 lb toddler. The stall door has to be unlocked and ready to open because the second the lever is pushed, Baby Girl sprints for the door. If the door is not open she will drop to the floor and try and crawl under it, and we just can't have that.

So after I picked Wee G up from school yesterday, he told me he talked to Zack. Lucky for him he wasn't ignoring Wee G. School is still hated and to top that off, there was *gasp* ACTUAL HOMEWORK yesterday. Oh, the inhumanity of it all! And not only was it HOMEWORK, it was a, dun, dun, dun, duuuuuunnnn, writing assignment! How cruel can one teacher be???! *motherly eyeroll* You wouldn't know that I love to write and have tried to instill that in my son. A writing assignment is the worst thing you could do to the kid, aside from making him take an art class or PE.

He's also tweaked about having to take Pre-Algebra over again. He just can't understand WHY they are making him do it again when he took it last year. Apparently he forgot that, due to a tremendous lack of effort, he failed the last trimester (and what is up with the whole trimester thing? Just use semesters for goodness sake!) He can't understand that they don't care how much he knows, if he doesn't prove he knows it by getting the grades, they'll assume he DOESN'T know it.

So, I'm on day 8 of my vacation and not one single box has been unpacked. BUT I have spent 3 whole days on the friggin' internet. Yesterday I bid on some lovely clothing on ebay and looked at a bunch of different blogs. As soon as I figure out how to create a blogroll, I will. I did iron a shirt and a half of hubby's. (the half is because I was going to finish ironing the second one while he grilled the chicken, but he never came home to finish the grilling until it was already done so something had to give and it was his new shirt. Hopefully the spray starch on it won't ruin it by sitting for this long.)

I have been ordered by G to unpack the boxes sitting in the kitchen. I'd love to but where the hell am I going to put all of the stuff? It would be different if we actually had a place to put things. ARGHHHH!

Word of the day: succubi as in "women who showed any inclination to actually wanting and enjoying sex were regarded as possible succubi, vessels of Satan." The formal definition from dictionary.com is "A female demon supposed to descend upon and have sexual intercourse with a man while he sleeps." This comes from an article on MSNBC entitled "Why Female Desire Still Makes Society Squirm" http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5808348/ A rather interesting read. Check it out.
Loving: Vacation time.
Hating: Liars and marital cheaters.
Reading: A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius by Dave Eggers
Dreading: Returning to Work
Days left in vacation: 5 (including the rest of today)
Loathing: The piles of shit everywhere in the house.
Wanting: It to be warm enough to swim in my pool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home