A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wow!

I can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. I have intended to post regularly but life came at me so quickly this past year that I had to devote my time to bobbing and weaving to avoid the inevitable punches.

I am so tired lately. I love my girls but boy oh boy do I need an adult weekend. One where I am only me, not Nana. One where I only have to worry about what I am going to wear and what I am going to do. One where only I get the attention of G, without little ones pushing their way into our embrace.

I need to have G know that I am tired of coming last. The other night we were cuddling on the couch and Baby Girl came in. He immediately called her over and wanted to include her in the hug. Not a big deal except that there is never Z & G time anymore. I think he forgot that I am still a woman with needs and wants or that he needs to give me attention.

I have told him point blank that I need these things but it seems to fall on deaf ears. I think he feels that I'm being demanding. In a way, I AM being demanding. I demand to be treated as your wife, not just the caretaker of your children.

Ah ha! that last sentence moved the energy. The only problem is how to convey this to him so he'll listen. THAT is the question of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home