A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo

Okay, so I was going to do NaNoWriMo this year but can't even manage to find quite time to READ a book, let alone write one, so I thought this might be a good alternative. We'll see how well this turns out.

Work has been really crappy lately. Word of advice: don't become best friends with your supervisor. It makes for a really hard, awkward situation if some sort of disciplinary action is needed, and I don't mean a weeks suspension or anything like that. It also makes it hard when you need your friend in the middle of the day. It's not like you can sneak a call to her without your boss knowing because she IS the boss.

I've been pondering how to disengage because this friendship just isn't working for me. A friend is someone that you can feel good about, that lifts you up, that will listen to you as much as you listen to her. That's just not working for us anymore. I don't want to do things with her, I don't want to invite them over for dinner or go out to brunch with them, I don't want to be around her.

We are still very similar but we've grown in two different directions. I don't want to go in her direction. I am happy going in the direction I have now taken. It makes me sad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home