A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Tuesday’s Discourse on Crazy

Yippeeeee! Gman is home! I am so happy! I curled up next to him and snuggled all night long. He had to have physical contact with me all night (which wasn’t that long because he didn’t get home until 1:00 a.m.!) It was so sweet.

I knew I missed him but I didn’t realize how much until he got home. I can’t stand to be away from him…at all. It drove me crazy to be in our room while he took a shower, it bothered me that he was in the kitchen while I was in the bathroom, and I am on the verge of nuts because he is 15 miles away from me at this very moment. I just can’t get enough of him. He thinks it’s cute right now but it will wear on him very quickly tonight.

He doesn’t understand that I’m not doing this on purpose. It’s just what my mind does. Abandon me for a week (oh the misery), live it up at jazz clubs and fancy restaurants (you lucky devil), get to know your concierge by name (was she cute?), act all happy and overjoyed to be single (minus the whole sex thing), and I tend to get a little insecure. It may not be right or normal, but normal was never part of the bargain. I never promised normal. *singing* “I beg your pardon…I never promised you a rose garden...”

Wee G got locked out of the house yesterday. When he called me I was all about leaving and letting him back in, except that he told me he had already gotten into the house. Instantly images of broken windows or ripped screens and blood flashed through my head. Nope, no such tragedy had befallen my son or my home. He got in through the doggie door. Now, keep in mind that this boy is 5’8” and probably weighs 150 lbs. There is no way he could squeeze through that little door. He slid the security panel up and stuck his head and arm in and unlocked the deadbolt. I would have given anything for a camera and a chance to take that particular picture. After I got done laughing hysterically, I made sure to ask if he put the panel back into place and if he was injured in any way. Yes, I will earn that “Crappy Mother of the Year” title if it kills me. I did make him a large stir-fry dinner with pot stickers and barbecued pork to make up for my lack of mothering skills. He was happy. That’s all that counts, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home