A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Monday, October 18, 2004

I need a break!

I need a break. I have had babies for almost two solid weeks. If they were my own children, that would be one thing, but they’re not. I love them to death and wish they were mine and if they were to come live with me full time, in the event their mother couldn’t take care of them anymore, I would embrace the task whole-heartedly and raise them as my own. But they’re not and I am tired. So tired that I am taking next weekend off.

Now, that wouldn’t be such a big deal except that I know they will get farmed out to whomever will watch them so TeenMom and Stoner Boyfriend can get their freak on or smoke a couple bowls or some such thing. It’s the whole farming them out to whoever is available to watch them that kills me. Who knows what kind of wack-a-do will be watching them?! At least when I’m watching them, she knows what kind of nut job I am!

So I am torn. I want to have them but I am exhausted. I need a break. I need to walk through my living room without tripping over the baby gate. I would like to sit at my dining room table and eat without a baby or toddler on my lap. I would like to sleep all frickin’ night! I would like to not have to wash bottles or pick raisins out of my couch and carpet. Cheerios will not be smashed into the chair cushions. There will be no snot on my shoulder from two runny little noses. No wet panties from missing the potty. No poopy diapers. No fighting over toys, no little shoes and socks to wrestle with…Dang I miss those little girls!

But I need a break. (Can you tell I’m trying to convince myself that a break is a good thing?)

******************************************************************************************

Tonight is Wee G’s Washington DC trip info night. I haven’t filled out the forms yet and I hope it’s not too lengthy because the meeting starts at 6:00. I get home from work at 5:30. That means we’ll have 15 minutes lag time between home from work and leaving again for the meeting. Add to that the fact that I have to find something to eat because I starving to death and then motivate Wee G to get his buns in the car and I have almost no time to fill out paperwork. Ugh. I’m looking at a nomination for Mother of the Year.

******************************************************************************************

And how cute is this dog? I want a dog so badly, but if I can’t handle two toddlers part-time, how in the world am I going to handle a puppy? Up at night to let her in and out, pooper-scooper for walks, babysitter when we go away. It’s like having another baby!

******************************************************************************************

Went to Target to get Halloween decorations. Okay, everything there is cute, but I just want some window clings and maybe some paper decorations to hang on my door. Why does everything have to be so complex? I just want some window clings, ALTHOUGH, I really like the witch’s hand that can crawl across the floor on its own. That was cool! It freaked Baby Girl and Lil Sis out so we didn’t buy it but I was laughing my butt off!

******************************************************************************************

I’ve decided to be Supermom for Halloween. That would entail a business suit with puke stain on the shoulder, a laptop bag, unbrushed morning hair, a run in my nylons, and a stunning red cape with the initials SM on it. Actually, I think that would be fun! Gotta find me a suit. What is everyone else going as?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home