A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Slacker Alert!

Well, I always swore I wouldn’t be one of those people who never updated their blog. Alas, I am as lame as lame can be! It’s been over a week, 11 days to be exact, and I’ve finally decided to do something about this. Now? I find myself with a block that I can’t manage to hurdle. I’m just going to write as I feel moved.

********************
Last Tuesday I got a ticket for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk. Okay, before you all jump on my shit, the kid wasn’t even IN the crosswalk. In fact, I thought he was standing at the school bus stop that is located less than 20 feet from the crosswalk. Gosh, is it any wonder why I was confused?!


The bitch of it all? The fine is $101.00!!!! Geez, I didn’t try and hit the kid, I just blew through the crosswalk at a mind boggling speed of 20 miles per hour! (possibly less because I knew the cop was sitting there clocking people, or so I thought. He was actually watching for idiots who blow through crosswalks in school zones.) Just for the record, this type of police activity is called a "duck pond" as in sitting ducks are easy to shoot.

********************

I've had both Baby Girl and Lil Sis at the house for the past week and a half. This would be okay if Lil Sis would sleep thorough the night like she used to. But no, there will be no complete nights of sleep in our household as long as Lil Sis is around!!

I've had both Baby Girl and Lil Sis at the house for the past week and a half. This would be okay if Lil Sis would sleep thorough the night like she used to. But no, there will be no complete nights of sleep in our household as long as Lil Sis is around!! Fortunately TeenMom isn’t working that schedule anymore and the girls are back with her full time. I’m too old to sleep sitting up in the recliner holding a 1 yr old because she doesn’t want to sleep in her bed.

********************
Have you seen the commercials for the show Big Loser? Why does this show bother me so much? Truthfully, I would qualify to be on that show, and, if given the chance, I would gladly go on there. But this show bothers me. I can’t pin-point why.
********************
Can I tell you how glad I am that I can’t get pregnant? Well, technically I can, but G-man would be on the phone to Dr. Snippy in a heartbeat to find out why the vasectomy didn’t take. I’ve had my baby and will gladly turn over the baby dust to someone who wants more babies. Don’t get me wrong, I love me a nice snuggly, quiet little baby to hold and rock and coo over, I just am too old to be pushing them from my body, getting up several times a night to take care of them, or cleaning up after. And there’s nothing better than assisting a woman who is laboring to bring her child into the world. I just don’t want it to be me.


For those of you that know me, this is a 180 degree turn-around from where I was as recently as a year ago. I would have done anything to have another baby. It’s kind of nice to not expend that kind of energy worrying and fretting about it. Now I’ll worry and fret about my brother and his wife who have used birth control like twice in 10 years and can’t seem to create a new life. THAT is what I’ll stress over from now on.


********************
I love my Coach purse, but the constant babysitting of the purse so it doesn’t get scratched or marred is wearing on me a bit. I even tossed it into the passenger seat the other day while struggling to get Lil Sis into her car seat. I felt GUILTY for tossing it. I find that sad. Hmmm...such is the price for lovely designer-type things.


********************
Alas, I must get back to work. I hate when work gets in the way of my blogging!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Beth Fish said...

    Maybe you could get a little purse protector for the Coach bag?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home