A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Monday, September 20, 2004

Boogers and Coughing and Tissues...Oh My!

After surviving most of the weekend with two children under the age of 3, one 13 yr old all of which have colds, and 1 16 yr old, in addition to my beloved G, I have come down with the worst headcold! It's only September, people! I'm not due for a headcold until October or November. This isn't how it's done.

I thought maybe this would be a good day to pick up baby things left lying around this weekend. Ummmm...not so much. Bend over and instantly my head is filled with goop that seems to be pressing on my eyes and pushing my brain out of my head. Fun? Not so much.

Wee G is home today as well. He said his throat feels like ground meat. I'm guessing he's not feeling too bad because he's been trying to get out into the yard to play lacrosse against the garage for the last half hour and is clamoring to eat the chili I have in the crock pot. He's also eaten his body weight in Spaghetti O's, so his throat may not feel as bad as he says.

We have a meeting at the school tonight regarding Wee G's possible trip to Washington DC. I will do everything in my power to make sure he ends up going on this trip. This is a once in a lifetime kind of thing and there is nothing that compares to a class trip. It's also terrific incentive to make sure he's getting good grades because you can't go if your grades are rotten.
Last years trip was $1400. Grammy is going to sell a kidney and a retina to pay for it if she has to. She remembers with it is like to finance a school trip. She and Dad financed mine when I was in 8th grade. Wee G will get to go to Williamsburg and Jamestown. I love Williamsburg, probably because I love that era.

The search for a dog is starting to intensify. If you have any favorites, let me know as we're kind of at a standstill on the favorite breed.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home