A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend? What weekend?

Weekend is over. Where did it go? If you have taken my weekend, please send it back as I missed it very much.

Seriously, the only thing I have to show for my weekend is a new shirt and pants and the awesome memory of the DAVID SANBORN concert we went to. I sat thisclose to the stage and totally loved every second of the show! I had, literally, the best seat in the house! How awesome is that???? That is one incredible sax player! And his band? In-freakin’-credible! The bassist was totally rocking out! I just can’t go on enough about how great this concert was!

The bad part is that I spent all day Saturday waiting for the concert and all day Sunday recuperating from the night before. No, I didn’t get drunk or anything like that but I was just drained from the pure adrenaline rush that comes from being thisclose to one of your idols. (I mean seriously, how great would it be to play like Sanborn? I’ve never heard someone put so much emotion into their music.)

Okay, now I’m not one to be all spastic about celebrities and such but when he took the stage, I was totally stunned! I just sat there with my hands over my mouth (so you couldn’t see it was hanging open!) trying not to cry as he wailed away on his sax. I was BLOWN.AWAY. by his musicianship.

My only complaint? The man never opened his eyes. Okay, never may be overstating it a bit. He opened his eyes about 5 times in 1 ½ hours. That literally shut him off from his audience and limited any sort of connection with him. His band was great and made the show lively but I would have liked to have seen his eyes a little more.

Other than that, the weekend was a bust. I did laundry, I went to the mall, I made dinner, I grocery shopped. Not anything too exciting.

How was YOUR weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home