A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Meme of Us

Got this from Zoot and thought it would be neat to do. G and I have been VERY close lately and this is sort of a "tribute" if you will, to us.

The Meme of Us

How long have you been together? Let’s see…we met online in July 1996. We got married in May 1997. From the day we first met, 11 ½ years.

How long did you date? 10 excruciatingly long months of long distance dating and sky-high phone bills.

How old is he? A very young 51. He even got carded the other day.

Who eats more? I think he does but I am not certain. And besides, I don't think I would admit if it was me!

Who said ‘i love you’ first? I did but I was positive that the feelings were mutual before I said it.

Who is taller? I am.

Who is smarter? It depends. He’s extremely intelligent and has a couple of degrees, but I’m certainly no dummy either.

Who does the laundry? Mostly me, but he will do it on occasion, too.

Who does the dishes? 90% of the time, he does.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? If you’re standing at the foot of the bed facing it, I do.

Who pays the bills? I do.

Who mows the lawn? He does, or the older kids. I used to love doing it but had a GIGANTIC breakout of hives last time I did it and have refrained for doing so since then.

Who cooks dinner? 90% of the time it’s me.

Who is more stubborn? In the traditional sense of the word, he is. But if I’m dead set on getting something, I will let him think he’s getting his way and then do it my way.

Who kissed who first? Um…I’m not sure. It was pretty mutual.

Who asked who out? We didn’t really start dating in the normal way. Okay, I did invite him to fly out and visit so I guess that would be me.

Who proposed? Him. Son and I flew out to Seattle to visit and went out to an exquisite restaurant for dinner. Son fell asleep at the table so we finished our dinner and went home. Put Son to bed and was sitting on the couch while Hubby was getting wine and glasses. He set the glasses down, got down on one knee, opened the little drawer in the coffee table, pulled out the ring box and proposed. He said he was going to do it at the restaurant so Son could be a part of it but the little shaver fell asleep so he waited until we got home.

Who is more sensitive? Hmmm…we are both EXTREMELY sensitive. The difference lies in how we deal with it. I wear my heart on my sleeve and you can tell immediately that I am wounded. He is more of a slow burn and shoves it away for later. You can’t tell you’ve hurt him for a little bit. I am also quick to forgive and move on where he is happy to hold his anger.

Who has more friends? I do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home