A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Putting it Out There
I am copying this from I Got Two Babe, who copied it from Swistle. It is a meme of sorts, but I think it is more like Anonymous Therapy. Just write a list of the things you wish you had said but didn't. No backstory or names needed.

1. I should have NEVER EVER told you. We would have been fine on our own.

2. I wish you hadn't been there when I found out. I didn't get a chance to process before you decided we had to tell the whole damn family.

3. I'm so sorry that happened between us. Part of the reason I am so fat is because I don't feel worthy of a happy life because of this. I know I've apologized before but I don't think you underdstand the depth of my remorse.

4. I was in a vulnerable spot and you played me like a violin. I worshiped you and believed you when you said you loved me. You just like the stroke it gave your ego!

5. I wish I'd had the guts to pick up that dead snake and shove it in your face.

6. Yes, I know you had MANY MANY affairs. We were young, we weren't stupid.

7. And yes, I know you had an affair, too. Do you really think I believed you were in counseling?

8. I'm sorry I wasn't there to take care of you. You gave me so much and taught me everything I needed to know in life. If I had the ability to do it all again, I would have dropped everything to be there for you.

9. Many of my beliefs about men were formed from my relationship with you. Thank you for being that kind of man.

10. I know you weren't perfect when you were younger but you were perfect in my eyes; both of you.

11. I refuse to allow you to walk all over me. It's how I was raised but not how I live my life anymore.

12. We were close friends but things have changed. I don't want to be your friend anymore. You aren't good for me or my self esteem. You were there when I needed you to be but I have grown and am moving on.

13. You made my marriage a living HELL for 8 years. I cannot begin to tell you how grateful I am that you aren't part of my life anymore.

14. All I wanted was another serving of lasagna. You couldn't even do that for me? They call it bedrest for a reason and this one involved the possible death of me and the baby!

15. I am not a booty call. If you can't respect me as a woman/partner, we're through.

16. I know you're still battling those demons, no matter how affronted you act when I tell you to stop.

17. I was a child and I worshipped you. You both are responsible for so many bad things that have happened in my life. I have moved on, but you need to be adults and take responsibility for your actions.

Gosh, I could go on forever with this but need to be done. I may revisit this again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home