A Little zanie-ness

The musings of a brilliant mind (and a whole lot of day to day stuff that isn't quite so brilliant!)

Thursday, October 21, 2004

A promise broken

Okay, so I swore I wouldn't post about work here but I have a co-worker that is driving me batty and I can't stand it any longer.

Normally S is a nice person. She's funny, she's smart, she works like crazy (much in contrast to my blogging career), and she's a riot to joke around with BUT (and this is a JLo sized but) she goes too far when she's joking around.

Take Tuesday for example. Another co-worker was asking about something that was written on the calendar. I had made a mistake, innocently and through no fault of my own, just following instructions given. She razzed me a bit and I laughed and started to walk away. Then? she started saying stuff like, "What, gotta go hide in your cubicle?" "Can't handle screwing something up?" "Gotta go pout?"

I stopped and looked at her like she'd lost her mind, shook my head and walked away. She didn't stop so I told her to shut the hell up or do the work her own damn self.

She didn't talk to me for the rest of the day. It was nice.

Yesterday she came to work and announced that she had training. Thursdays are our busiest days and everyone knows you don't take a training class on that day, but she did it anyway. All of us were ticked because we were already scrambling at the open of business. She huffed off to training and had the audacity to be mad because we were upset.

I'm not the only one she's bothering. I think the hardest thing is that we were a very cohesive and smooth running office until she came on board. Since then, things have just kind of gone downhill. I used to be close with all of my co-workers but just can't seem to buddy up with her. Maybe it's my resentment because I've been here 3 years and she strolled in 7 months ago and started out making more than I do. That's just not right.

She's gone today and we are having a ball, even though we are working hard today, (okay, except for the time I've spent on here and at Chris' and Zoot's site. ) We're ordering from the Old Spaghetti Factory right this second and I can't wait for lunch to arrive. Yummy!




1 Comments:

  • At 11:22 AM , Blogger Beth Fish said...

    Maybe you should start doing nasty things to her until she quits? At least, that's what I would do.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home